The International Newcomers’ Network (INN) is a non-profit, non-political, non-governmental, non-denominational organization established in 1994 by a group of expatriates living in Beijing
- INN is a resource for newcomers of all foreign nationalities to obtain information about living in Beijing.
- INN offers a support network for those facing the challenges of getting settled in Beijing and provides an opportunity to meet new friends and connect with those who have similar interests.
- INN supports approved charity organizations, approved social groups, and non-profit sports clubs and groups.
- INN does not support active solicitation at the monthly meetings, does not pay for advertising and does not have a sponsor, but does accept donations.
- INN only invites foreign passport holders in accordance with government regulations.
INN is not only about Newcomer’s to this dynamic city of Beijing. We are also a community of seasoned expats who enjoy socializing and exploring both the old and new Beijing. Some of us have been in Beijing for many years and plan to remain for many more while some are here for shorter stays. No matter how long we stay in Beijing, the relationships that we build with our friends of INN while here will be with us for many years to come no matter where we go into the world.
The Board consists of several executive positions and several volunteers who meet monthly to plan the meeting topics and speakers.
Board positions include: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Volunteer Coordinator, Asst. Volunteer Coordinator, Website Manager, Charities & Organizations Coordinator, Trekkie Coordinator, Asst. Trekkie Coordinator, Newsletter Editor, Lunch Bunch Coordinator and Co-Coordinator, Publications Coordinator, San Li Tun and ShunYi Coffee Morning Coordinators, Inn Night Out Coordinator and Volunteer Extraordinaire.